You could run out of food and die
You could fall off a cliff and die
You could be attacked by a bear and die
OR YOU COULD STAY HOME AND
FALL OFF THE COUCH AND DIE
Let your spirit take flight, be fearless and free to express, explore, and begin to be you. Be unafraid and take hold of today. Go for a hike and let nature you in what's real. If you find yourself feeling grouchy, get up and take a hike and let nature cheer you.
One of the worst moments of my hike ended up being the best. I had hiked alone all day, after my sister decided to leave the trail, and ended the day at Cornelius Creek Shelter in Central Virginia. When I arrived there were several hikers enjoying a short break before heading up the trail. Shortly thereafter I realized I was going to be the only one in the shelter. You have to understand I had never spent a single night alone in over three months of hiking the Appalachian Trail and I became fearful of being alone. I just knew I would have a visit by a huge black bear. It didn't help I was missing my hiking partner LaTripper, my husband, and all my friends at home. I decided to play some country music and before I knew it I was up on the table dancing. It made me think of one of my favorite quote.
“You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
Love like you'll never be hurt,
Sing like there's nobody listening,
And live like it's heaven on earth.”
by William W. Purkey
Believe in yourself and remember to dream, dare, persevere and you will succeed.
Happy hiking all my friends!

No comments:
Post a Comment